"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

18 Weeks: This Is Gonna Make For a Great Guilt Trip Someday!

11:10 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Well things just keep getting more and more interesting here in preggo land! I have been going to weekly doctor appointments (most women are just seen monthly at his point) so that they can keep a close eye on my blood pressure (which has been elevated since day one) and after upping the dosage on both my blood pressure medication and my thyroid medication, things still aren’t satisfactory with all the people in the little white coats. I am terrified that I’m going to develop preeclampsia (pregnancy induced hypertension normally accompanied by excess fluid retention). And I’m sure all the worrying is having a wonderful effect on my already too-high blood pressure. With everything going on in my high-risk pregnancy, it would be very easy for me to fall into a rut of feeling sorry for myself. It would be easy for me to sit around asking God why all these things have to be happening to me and my baby, but as a Christian I have faith that everything happens for a reason and it’s all a part of God’s great plan.

Although I can’t be certain that I’m right, I do have a couple of theories as to why my pregnancy has been so difficult. Theory #1: God is trying to control the population through my health problems, as I am probably not going to try for baby number two after all the hurdles I’ve have to jump this time around. Or, Theory #2 (my personal favorite): All of the trouble I’m going through to bring this baby into the world is going to make for a wonderful guilt trip I can put on the kid when they’re about 16 years old and they’re driving me crazy either because they want to do something and I won’t let them or because I want them to do something and they won’t. I can just hear the words coming out of my mouth now: “Do you have any idea what I went through to bring you into this world?!? The least you could do is show some respect to your poor, selfless mother who sacrificed so much to get you here!” Oh yeah, all this could really come in handy later!

0 comments: