"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

15 Weeks: Butterflies, Body Pillows & Belly Pics

4:34 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Since I’ve never experienced this before, I’m not positive if what I was feeling was actually the baby moving or just gas (although I should be an expert at gas pains by now) but I’m fairly certain that yesterday evening as I was sitting at my desk at work I felt that first little fluttering in my belly. It happened so quickly, I almost didn’t realize it but it felt so foreign and new it almost has to be the baby. I’ve certainly never experienced gas like that before anyway! I have always heard women compare those first flutterings to a butterfly’s wings gently beating against the inside of your stomach, and as far as I could tell, that’s just about right. I probably won’t be able to feel anything on a regular basis for a few more weeks though. But after that, look out! There will be a party in my uterus 24/7!

I’ve been having A LOT of trouble sleeping ever since I found out I was pregnant. I just can’t seem to get comfortable, no matter what position I lie in. And just as Tony was threatening to banish me to the futon, I purchased a body pillow at Wal-Mart. And last night for the first time in weeks, I managed to get a decent night’s sleep. But my dog, Bubby, is not a big fan of my new body pillow. It leaves him even less room in the bed. His space in the bed has been getting increasingly smaller with my expanding mid-section (he likes to sleep curled up by my belly when I lie on my side) and last night, out of sheer frustration, he crawled on top of the body pillow and fell asleep there because I’d left him no room anywhere else. By the time this pregnancy is over with, I have a feeling Tony and Bubby are going to be sleeping together on the futon while I take up the entire bed between my assortment of pillows and my belly!

I know in my last blog I swore that I would not post any belly pics under any circumstances but that was before I realized how absolutely WONDERFUL maternity clothes can be. In normal non-maternity clothes, I just look like a gal who needs to stop eating so much. But in maternity clothes, you can actually tell that I’m pregnant now because the clothes actually fit! It’s been so liberating for me to be able to wear form fitting clothing for the first time in my life and not feel like I’m about to pass out because I’m holding my stomach in. It’s so wonderful to be able to embrace my new shape and not be self-conscious about how I look. On the contrary, I feel more confident than I ever have before. Swimsuit season, here I come (they make some adorable maternity suits)! Although I’ll spare everyone the visual torture and keep those pictures to myself!


1 comments:

Shannae said...

You look adorable! Love the new maternity clothes!!! :) Can't wait to meet my new cuz!! :)