"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

17 Weeks: 2nd Trimester Energy Burst-Fact or Fiction?

5:46 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
For three weeks now, I’ve been waiting on the energy burst that everyone keeps telling me to expect now that I’m in my 2nd trimester. I’m beginning to think that they are all full of crap. I just seem to be getting increasingly tired as the days pass. I don’t have the energy to clean my house, cook a decent meal, get out of bed in the morning…wait a minute, I didn’t have the energy to do those things before I got pregnant! But seriously, just as I was beginning to think that I’d been lied to by all the mommies that I’ve talked to, I got a phone call from my doctor’s nurse today telling me that my thyroid levels are low and that my medication needs to be adjusted (I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism-under active thyroid-in 2001). Often times, just like with my diabetes, pregnancy can affect how your body responds and reacts to different medical conditions. So hopefully after they adjust my medication, I will start enjoying that as-yet elusive energy burst everyone keeps raving about!

0 comments: