"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

14 Weeks: Second Trimester, Crazy Dreams & the Search for Cute Maternity Clothes

3:51 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Finally the 2nd trimester has arrived! Hopefully the debilitating fatigue will disappear as quickly as the 1st trimester did. I think I may actually be able to feel those first precious 2nd trimester energy bursts: as evidenced by my (finally!) clean house. I am no longer ashamed to have my mother come to visit me.

My appetite is picking up, which is very bad news for my diabetic diet restrictions. Now instead of eating one chicken sandwich on whole grain low carb bread, I’d much rather eat two. I’d kill someone for an entire bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos with a side of Oreo cookies. But I have to keep telling myself that it’s for the safety of the baby that I stay away from things like that, even when I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because I’ve just had a dream about an ice cream sundae.

Which brings up another strange pregnancy side effect: crazy dreams. Last night I had a dream that Tony and I were…. ummm…. how do put this?....getting romantic and I kept getting irritated because he had his face painted like the lead singer from Kiss and his make-up kept rubbing off on me every time he would kiss me. And then I had a dream that we were at some sort of craft fair and this man was there performing marriage ceremonies. Apparently Tony and I weren’t married yet but in my dream I knew I was pregnant (that probably occurred in the Gene Simmons make-up dream) and I kept trying to get Tony to marry me but he wouldn’t do it! I’ve always been one to have some pretty off-the-wall dreams, but nothing holds a candle to pregnant dreams!

I took my first official belly photo yesterday, and although I won’t be posting it anywhere anytime soon (don’t even look for it!) it’s interesting to see how my body is changing. I can’t wait until people can glance at me and immediately tell I’m pregnant and not just look at me and assume I went a little overboard at the buffet. I’ve always been thankful that I get to wear scrubs to work and I’m even more thankful now for their forgiving silhouettes, but I’m quickly outgrowing the clothes that I can wear outside of work. Even my stretchy capri pants have almost hit their stretch capacity so I’ve decided that this weekend I will buy my first batch of maternity clothes. There is a consignment sale in Rogers this weekend so hopefully I can find something cheap and cute that will fit my ever-burgeoning belly.

1 comments:

Carla J. Winn aka cj aka nannie said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY NEWS!!!! My cowboy and I got married on Sept.3,1971. What a great due date. We have 3 married children and 4 beautiful grandbabies. I don't know how I found your site, I started on Kellys Korner and went from there. We live in Oklahoma also. By the way after 37 years we are more in love than ever, but it takes lots of hard work. Best Wishes cj aka nannie