"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

26 Weeks: High Blood Pressure & A Hospital Stay Make For A Cranky Mama!

5:57 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
I have been under a lot of extra stress the last few days and haven’t been feeling very well. At work Wednesday morning I started experiencing the symptoms of an inner ear infection so off to the doctor I went and sure enough, they told me that I had an inner ear infection. I was so dizzy that it made my stomach upset and that made me throw up for the first time in my entire pregnancy—at 6 months pregnant!

I thought I should let my OB/GYN know what was going on and when I called them, they wanted to see me too, so off to the doctor I went again! Only things got a little more interesting when I got to my OB/GYN’s office—I ended up staying in the hospital for 2 nights because my blood pressure was through the roof and they couldn’t get it to come down. What a nightmare! I was admitted to the hospital through Triage (basically the Emergency Room where women come when they think they are in labor) and had to lie on a what felt like a cardboard bed for 5 hours on an empty stomach with a chick in labor beside me who had 4 people in her less-than-soundproof-curtain-wall room, one of which was eating McDonald’s and kept proclaiming loudly just how fantastic her French fries were, all the while my stomach feels like it’s going to eat a whole through my abdomen it’s growling so wildly. Let’s just say I was NOT having good time. When they finally realized that my blood pressure wasn’t going to go down on its own, they put me in a hospital room and told me to get comfy. After what felt like a week (but was actually just 2 nights and 3 days) I got to come home but was ordered to bed rest. The only good thing that came out of the hospital stay was getting to hear Emmy on the fetal monitor getting hiccups (so cute!) and a shot of Demerol (NIIIICE!).

0 comments: