"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

22 Weeks: Let The Registry Race Begin!

11:43 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

I’ve started picking out things for Emmy’s nursery now that we know for sure that she’s a girl. Actually, that’s a lie: I had things picked out even before we knew that she was a girl. What kind of self-respecting woman would I be if I hadn’t already decided on a color scheme and picked out the bedding before we even knew the sex? I’ve always liked brown and pink together and luckily that color scheme is all the rage these days so it’s not hard to find things that I like. Actually I’m running into the opposite problem: I’m finding too many things that I like! From clothes to bedding to strollers, it’s hard to narrow things down and just pick out the necessities when everything is just so darned cute! I’m convinced that by the time Emmy gets here, I’m going to be running around hungry and naked because I’ve spent every last penny I have to make sure she’s outfitted in bows and lace until she’s 55!

In case anyone is interested in taking a peek, I’ve started registries at both Target.com and BabiesRUs.com. My friend Casey tells me that they are both way too skimpy and I still have a lot to add to them but I don’t think I’m doing too bad so far. Pretty much everything except Emmy’s bedding is on my Target registry. When I saw the bedding from BabiesRUs, I fell in love with it so rather than settle for something from Target that I wasn’t as crazy about, I just started two different registries. It’s kind of overwhelming when I think about everything that she’s going to need. I know there are a hundred things that I’m not putting on the list, so if any of you experienced mommys out there have any suggestions for things that we simply cannot live without, leave me a comment. All advice is appreciated, seeing as how I really have no clue as to what I’m doing! Now all we have to do is start getting her room ready. With all the trouble I’m having picking out things to put on my registries, how on earth will I ever pick paint colors?!?

0 comments: