"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

20 Weeks: From Butterflies To Belly Dancing!

6:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
As I was quietly sitting on the couch the other morning, I felt the absolute most awesome feeling I’ve ever felt before in my entire life: Emmy kicked me! For the last several weeks I’ve been feeling the “butterflies” in my belly, but they’re more subtle and don’t seem very deliberate. But this time was totally different, much stronger and noticeable like she was trying to get my attention or something. She kicked me 3 times right in a row in the same spot and I could just imagine her in there doing some sort of little dance move. I sat there in awe for a few seconds before I busted out bawling and then I called Tony to tell him what had just happened. He can’t wait until he can feel her kicking too. This mommy business just keeps getting more and more real to me everyday. It started with a positive pregnancy test and then we saw her on the first ultrasound and I heard her little heartbeat. Then my belly began to grow and I started to feel those first little movements and we found out that she’s a girl and now I’m feeling her move around more and more everyday. Before I know it, I’ll be looking into her precious little face and holding her in my arms. I can’t wait until I can stop dreaming about what her laugh will sound like and what color eyes she has and whether she’ll have curly hair like mine or if she’s got Tony’s cute little nose. This is the most incredible thing I’ve ever experienced in my entire life and while it hasn’t always been easy or fun so far, I know as soon as I see Emmy for the first time, all of it will have been worth it. I never knew I could love someone so much that I haven’t even met yet!

0 comments: