"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

It's Starting to Sink In!

1:08 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Well, it's beginning to sink in that Tony and I are actually bringing another little life into this world. As far as symptoms I've been having, so far I've been really lucky. I've just been really tired and hungry all the time. :-) And this is hunger like I've never felt hunger before. Normally hunger pains start out slowly and then gradually get worse until your tummy starts to growl. I normally don't eat breakfast until around 10 a.m., but now as soon as I wake up every morning, my stomach is growling like I haven't eaten for days and it feels like there's this little Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner in my tummy sucking every little piece of sustenance out of my belly as soon as it hits my stomach so that I'm in a constant state of hunger. And I've been light-headed, too. Like I'm a human bobble-head doll. Very strange! Another weird thing is that I haven't gained any weight yet but my stomach is so bloated. Early pregnancy signs, at least what I've experienced so far, are like PMS on steroids!

I think this whole daddy business is sinking in with Tony, too. Already he's more protective of me than usual. And he's been putting his hand on my belly at night when we sit down to talk about our day with each other. He woke me up the other morning whispering in my ear, "I love you so much." If anyone of you reading this knows my husband, you'll know how out of character that is for him. Not that he's not a naturally tender man, he's just been a lot more vocal about it lately. Maybe he's just afraid of my mood swings! :-) All jokes aside, he's going to be a wonderful father and I can't wait to watch him with our child, playing and cuddling. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful husband and I am thankful to God everyday that I have such a wonderful partner!

0 comments: