"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14

24 Weeks: Marilyn Got It All Wrong!

5:15 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Marilyn Monroe once said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend. I beg to differ: I think naps are a girl’s best friend. (At least a 6-months-pregnant girl’s best friend) Maybe it’s because I’ve been super busy the last couple of weeks, or maybe it’s because it’s taking more and more energy to support my ever-expanding belly, but a nap during my lunch break is quickly becoming my favorite pastime. We have this fabulous reclining massage chair at the office in the therapy room and if eat my lunch really fast and turn out all the lights, I can easily get in a peaceful, hour-long slumber before I have to start my afternoon. Who needs diamonds when I can sleep for an extra hour every day?

One VERY exciting thing happened this week: Tony finally got to feel Emmy move! I’ve been feeling her for weeks now but lately she’s been kicking harder and harder and while I was lying on the couch the other night, I put Tony’s hand on my belly but at first Emmy wasn’t kicking hard enough for Tony to feel her and then all of a sudden, she kicked me harder than she’s ever kicked me before! It was almost like she was telling Tony, “See Daddy? I really am in here and Mommy’s not just getting super fat!” Tony’s face was priceless! His eyes got big and the sappiest grin spread across his face. It was so precious! He’s already the World’s Greatest Daddy!

0 comments: